Renting & Tenant Information

It is our aim to make the renting process as smooth as possible for you as we know moving in or out can be stressful. The following information should help, however we are always happy to answer any questions you might have.

Residential tenancies in Queensland are governed by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act.

Application for a property

If you find a suitable property you will need to complete our Tenancy Application Form. You will need to provide of identification (100 points) for example drivers licence, passport, credit cards, uitlity bills. Other information also be required include employment details, previous tenancy. Processing the application takes 24 to 48 hours from lodging the application with all the necessary information.

Tenancy Agreement

A General tenancy agreement (Form 18a), is a legally binding written contract between you and the lessor/our agency. It includes the standard terms and special terms.


A rental bond is required as a safe guard to the owner that the tenancy is conducted and completed in accordance with tenancy agreement. Bond lodgement (Form 2).The bond is normally the equivalent of 4 weeks rent and is lodged with Residential Tenancy Authority, a Queensland Government authority. Provided you complete all the requirements of the tenancy agreement the bond is refunded to you at the end of the tenancy. Your bond can be increased if your rental is increased.

Entry Condition Report

This report is supplied to you at the beginning of the tenancy Entry condition report (Form 1a). The report is an important document used to check against the condition of the property at the end of the tenancy (Exit Condition Report) and if damage or missing items discovered until remedied your bond refund would be delayed.


Only the people listed in the tenancy agreement can occupy the property.


Rent is required to be paid 2 weeks in advance.


Routine inspections are carried out 3 monthly.

Repairs and Maintenance

It is important you report any repairs or maintenance required immediately so further problems will not result. Please notify us by email.

All R&M are to be arranged through our office, do not make your own arrangements, except in the case of emergence where our office is uncontactable.

Extending your fixed term tenancy

A letter will be sent to you 2 months before the end of your tenancy offering you a new fixed term, provided the lessor and our agency approve.

Ending your fixed term or periodic agreement

You cannot move out at the end of a fixed term without giving notice. If you wish to leave you must give 14 day’s notice in writing. You must continue to pay rent until you move out. You must leave the property in the same condition it was before you moved in, fair wear and tear expected. You will have to pay for carpet and soft furnishing, mattress cleaning or pest control if they are included in the special terms of your tenancy agreement.

Breaking your tenancy agreement

If you break the tenancy agreement (e.g. you decide to leave early), you are still responsible for the rent until another tenant can be found or until the tenancy ends. You will also be liable for other costs such as the cost of re-letting, advertising, smoke alarm check and damages.

Exit Condition Report

The Exit condition report (Form14a) should be completed by you. It shows the condition of the property when you leave. The lessor/agent must complete our side of the report, sign it and return a copy to you within 3 business days of receiving it.

Getting your bond back

You get your bond back at the end of the tenancy as long as no money is owed to the lessor/agent for rent, damages or other costs. Refund of rental bond (Form 4).

We wish you an enjoyable tenancy.